Sunday, January 11, 2015

Finally a Pink Bride

After working what seemed to be a thousand bridal shows, I was SO pumped to finally BE a bride at one.

Even though I had mostly everything picked out, I was dreaming about the moments when I'd walk around with the "bride" badge, eat EVERY caterers food even though I had no interest in actually booking them (and maybe get seconds...and thirds...) and look at every chair and table and florist and enter every single raffle I could get my sparkly, diamond-laden hands on. 


In reality, I had bloody heels and had to take a nap before getting back up and writing this, but that's where I'm at with life right now, so. 



I worked the first half of the show, which kind of summed up the whole engaged experience for me. It's like, 50+ hours a week you're working your life away, but then you get to come home and blissfully ignore reality while you plan the biggest party of your life. 

It's kind of amazing, and gives you a lot to look forward to. 


So I get done working and Eric meets me there. We walk in, and despite me having been there for three hours already, it was TOTALLY overwhelming. 

It was like a gazillion brides and their mom's and their entire bridal entourage milling around on top of hundreds of dazzling, lit up vendor booths all with people desperately bidding for your attention as you walk by. 

A totally weird experience coming from the other side of that aisle. 

But Eric was enthusiastic about being there, which was awesome and so we slowly waded into the herd. 


There was definitely a lot of pressure taken off going in with most of our vendors. I can't really imagine what it would be like facing that whole thing with no idea what you were planning, because it's a lot to take in. 

But everyone was so friendly and helpful, and as we walked around we were pointing and gawking at all the things, and actually walked away with some new ideas. 


The best part though, was the fashion show. 


Now, I initially had no intention of going because I had listened to so many of them, and they all sounded so cheesy and awful and forced. 

But with the world's best sport on my arm, we decided to sit through it so we could be present for the cash raffle afterwards. 

We sat down on the third row by the runway, took a few selfies, and flipped through the dozens of materials we'd been handed up to that point. 

Before the show started, the host started asking questions, having brides and their mom's come up on stage and dance...which actually got everyone in a pretty fun mood and had us feeling better about staying. 

After we got to see the mom's twerk, he asked all the grooms that were present to come up on stage. 

I don't know if you guys know this, but Eric is the ultimate volunteer, especially if dancing may be involved. 

He jumped up on stage, and the host went on about some life lessons for a happy marriage and then handed them all gift cards....FOR FREE WEDDING BANDS. WHAT. 

So even though I was only ONE DIGIT OFF of my ticket winning us three hundred dollars, we definitely walked out of there with a great prize. 


The fashion show ended up being a lot of fun, and we did really get some ideas for my dress and even the suits we wanted. It did involve an awkward kind of step show where no one really knew what was going on, but nonetheless we enjoyed it. 


Afterwards we went to dinner and then came home where we proceeded to be old people and went to bed. 


I have the worst blisters from wearing unrealistic shoes, but I have to say FINALLY getting to be a bride in a bridal show was definitely awesome. 

You can check out the Pink Bride pins here!


By the way, shameless self-plug...look at how AWESOME our booth looked this year!!




2 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun at the show! Certainly loved having you join in as a bride! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely so much fun! We're excited about going to the August show too!

      Delete