Sunday, September 20, 2015

Why is everyone more motivated than me? And More Reasons Real Life Ruined My Diet

It's technically day 14 of the 21 day fix...but if there was a 21 day fix wagon I didn't just fall of it. I jumped, ran, and then took a plane as far away from it as possible.

Because as it turns out, real life makes diets like this incredibly difficult to complete.

The first problem is that it takes a whole lot of time. Between the hours spent on the weekends prepping your food, and the three and a half hours a week you spend exercising I found out really quickly that I literally did not have enough time to pull it off.

I ran out of groceries on Monday, and I worked doubles all week. My fridge looked like the ghost of good meals past.
 

Not only did I not have any healthy food, I had no food at all because I had cleaned out all the no-no list food for my fix.

This left me with the eating-out at work option, which was a real eye-opener for me. At first it was really hard to find food that would fit into my container categories, and then when I got my meal it was VERY difficult to portion it. I'd cut my meat in half but when I finished it, I had the other half laying there wanting to be eaten up!

 


The first week I couldn't even finish my containers, but without a real container schedule I was getting super hungry and I was starting to miss my favorite foods AKA pizza all day every day.

 

I picked up the phone to dial pizza literally a dozen times.

But I tried to stay in as much of a container-approved zone as possible, and since I was working my butt off at work I was still staying active.


So at my weigh-in at the end of the week I was still stuck at the four pounds I had lost, and no inches off my waist.

I could definitely feel the difference of not exercising, and I was actually eager to get back into the routine of things.

So, starting tomorrow I have to start my second week over again. BLEH.



I realize there are super humans out there that either wake up two hours early or go to bed after midnight so that they can work in their thirty minutes of work out and their post-workout shower, but I am not one of those humans. I love my sleep, I love my body not hating me.

I think there is definitely a balance of diet and still living life that is appropriate, and if nothing else it has definitely made me more conscious of what I'm putting into my body.


So this week is do-over week!








No comments:

Post a Comment