Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Quarter of a Century

I'm kind of known for birthdays.

Your birthday, my birthday, anyone's birthday. I'm all about it!
 


But this year, I had no energy to plan the usual over-the-top extravaganza as per usual, and Eric couldn't rent an ice rink because he was busy getting ready to move.

So before I knew it, my birthday was here and I had no party planned, no cake, no nothing.

I was already dreading this birthday, because I knew that high school Marvyl would be super disappointed in where I was at in life. According to my ten year plan, I couldn't be farther from where I was suppose to be.

 



But I am happy with where I'm at for the most part. I'm happy that I have a wonderful family and amazing friends, and the love of my life by my side. Although I may not be exactly where I want to be, I know that high school Marvyl would probably be forgiving and appreciate that I'm still trying to get there.

 


Anyways, aside from my birthday breakdown about my life and babies and careers and stuff, I said good bye to Eric and my mom at a Red Lobster birthday lunch.
 



I know what you're thinking...

YEAH. I MADE IT A WHOLE DAY.


But it was my birthday! And I don't give no damns!



I talked to my coach/aka Melissa and she told me this would not ruin all my diet and hopes and dreams.

So after Eric left I basically watched Garfunkel and Oates for hours until Melissa and I's scheduled workout time.

 


DAY 2

Today's workout with Autumn was Upper Fix. THANK GOD because my legs hurt soooo bad from yesterday's I was entirely sure I would immediately quit today's workout.

 

So it began and I was super psyched because my cats peed on my weights (probably because they're might "light" weights and they think I'm a loser) so lifting them towards my face was really pleasant.


 

I didn't use my heavy weights as suggested because, come on Autumn, let's just be real. I'm still at a Kat level right now.

Autumn said, "You can't have what you never had if you don't do something you've never done."

Oddly motivating, so I push through round one.

Ok, this one is way better than cardio. I feel awesome.

 
Totally accurate description of what's happening to my body.


She keeps throwing motivating things at me, but I'm all like, let's just both acknowledge that I can't even do ONE push up, Autumn.

 

But despite the push-ups, I make it through all the workouts and she tells me it's ok that I'm using the baby weights. (Aw, thanks Autumn and Kat. I AM trying.)

Autumn tells me, "Give me three weeks and I'll give you the body you want!"




It's over and I'm surprised that even though my abs are on fire and my arms probably won't work tomorrow, I didn't completely hate it.


I applaud along with the workout team in the video and immediately hate myself for basically wanting to high five the screen.

      


Day two is over, and tomorrow I'm back on the meal plan wagon. Only 18 more days!


 










No comments:

Post a Comment