Friday, May 15, 2015

Perfect to the Last Bite

Despite me spending a lot of my time planning other people's wedding menus, when it came to my own I had absolutely no idea what I wanted.

 

Maybe it was because I knew too much, or maybe it's because I love literally everything we make.

Thank goodness our Event Coordinator (and the angel who taught me how to do my job), Diane, was there to save the day.


This is her, and she is a wonder woman. 

By day she's teaching America's future generation of teachers and by weekends she's an Event Coordinator at Bradford Catered Events. 

I've talked about the people I work with before, but I'll say it a million more times. These people are incredible. They live to serve and will stop at nothing to make sure every event is perfect. 

It's humbling (and honestly exhausting at times) to work with a company where every single person is totally dedicated to service. It's definitely made me a better human being, and I'm glad that Diane came to the rescue when I completely panicked over our wedding menu. 


She sat down with us and really helped us nail down the vision for the evening. We both wanted something wintery, with it being in January and all, and we also wanted to make sure we pleased everyone-which mean having chicken AND beef on the menu. 

I had certain Bradford favorites that HAD to be included, like the sweet potato biscuits. spinach dip, and the caprese picks, even though they are like wayyy out of season. 

We also knew that we wanted it to be a little fancy, so we opted for a plated dinner. Which even though logistically I didn't want to do (because I have worked plated events and didn't want to stress anyone out) Diane forced me to stop thinking about work and think about what I wanted as a bride. (Thank you for that, seriously. I was freaking out.)

 


So at the end of our long meeting where we changed our mind about a thousand times, we came up with this as our wedding day menu:



 


Cocktail Hour:
Cheese and Fruit (Italian themed cheeses and fig jam)
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Caprese Picks


Dinner:
Caesar Salad

Chicken Stuffed with Cranberries with White Champagne Sauce
Sliced Top Round Beef
Stuffed Bell Pepper (For my lovely vegetarian Maid of Honor)
Company Mashed Potatoes
Winter Squash Medley
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Homemade Potato Yeast Rolls

 


I can't freaking wait. 

You can see some of the items we're having on the blog board: Follow Marvyl's board To Be Triscritti on Pinterest.


And you can head over to the website to see how we can make your menu just as freaking spectacular by clicking here. 







No comments:

Post a Comment