Monday, May 18, 2015

#bodyborabora

Prepare yourself for a blog adventure of fitness we've deemed Body Bora Bora.

 

Yeah, I know. BUT I'M DOING IT ANYWAYS.


My brave and supportive fiance has agreed to do this along with me, and although I can't speak for him, I can give you an account of what he said and what he looked like via GIFs.


Day 1
Against my stern warning, Eric insisted we have dinner pre-workout.

He ate entirely too much sushi and drank too much sake, and when we got home he hopelessly attempted a nap to help his situation.

Pro-tip...it didn't.

I actually made it through all 30 minutes of the work out for the first time, and although it was painful, it wasn't nearly as bad as the first time I tried.

Results:

Marvyl Eric

Marvyl "Ok, I'm not dead."
Eric "YOU DID THIS TO ME AND I FEEL HORRIBLE." <--How I felt two days ago



Day 2
Honestly, I didn't expect Eric to continue to day two but I guess my delicious fruit/protein smoothies convinced him it might be worth it.

The second day of the program is a three mile "steady run".

I haven't seriously run in probably six years, and the combination of my knock knees and asthma usually make it a horrifically painful and miserable experience.

Now, I don't know if it was just the fact my body could barely feel anything from the prior day or if my lungs were too tired to panic, but I made it through the thirty-eight minutes of running (yeah guys, that's like a 13 minute mile) only walking for a minute and a half of it, much to my surprise.

Results:

We were both really sweaty.
 



I was pretty ok until the middle of the night last night when I woke up and couldn't bend my arm. Like, legitimately couldn't bend it.

I was just laying there with a heating pad wrapped around my dainty weakling arm. Eric would have helped, but he couldn't roll over because he was too sore to move, so we just laid there and moaned in agony.

 



Today is a rest day, thank GOD.

To see some awesome smoothie recipes we've been trying, or to see some healthy foods we've been attempting, check out the blog board. You can also see the app we've been using, which you can also find here.


  Follow Marvyl's board To Be Triscritti on Pinterest.







No comments:

Post a Comment