Sunday, March 22, 2015

Round Two of Nostalgia

So my curiosity got the best of me and so Eric and I went out to explore the other Nostalgia store.

And I actually took pictures! Yay!

So, this one was more like a fun garage sale/estate sale than an antique store.


It definitely had those random things that you really REALLY wanted in your life, despite them having any real purpose other than being really freaking cool and weird. 

Who needs this chair? I DO. 

What is this? A projector? NEED IT. 

It definitely had a 70s/80s vibe more than the other one which seemed more like quaint 50s/60s. The booths were set up half like little closets and half like living rooms you remember going to with your parents back when you were a kid. 


That couch, tho.


 While we did find some pretty cool suitcase collections, and even this one which I really loved:
It was REALLY expensive. Like, $50 a suitcase kind of expensive. Even though that has been pretty par for larger suitcases, these were not in good enough condition to warrant it. 
I don't know how much they would have brought the prices down, but with Eric there I had less time to haggle individual purchases so we didn't even try. 

 Mostly it was clothes, shoes, and furniture. While it is definitely somewhere I wish I had gone when I had my first apartment and wanted to deck it out with retro-vintage-hipster stuff, it wasn't really what we were looking for.

On the other hand, if you're going to a decades party or need some funky apartment decorations...head right over!


So we walked out with an atlas, and headed back over the other Nostalgia.

Now, from the picture I can see how there seems to be little difference, but you can definitely feel it when you walk in. Eric said he liked this one way more.



There aren't as many clothes, but there are way more "things". 

Like this bar cart that I tried to convince Eric we needed in our life. He disagreed for SOME reason. 


This one has a more bright, dainty feel about it...again more reminiscent of the 50s/60s. 




Eric actually looked around longer in this one, he said the prices were more reasonable and the stuff was better. 

We decided against the sombrero but we did get the two cases I wanted for my bridesmaids to carry:



I managed to get the blue one (which is in perfect condition) for $26 and the bottom one for $15. It's a little broken at the front but the color is great for their dresses and it's really cute and little!

If you want to see some of our suitcase Pinspirtation, check out my blog board: Follow Marvyl's board To Be Triscritti on Pinterest.


If you want to see more about both Nostalgia stores, you can click here.

Or, if you want to check them out on Facebook, you can go here or here.



No comments:

Post a Comment