Saturday, March 21, 2015

New Antique Love Affair

It's been a quick minute since I've been antiquing for wedding stuff, but yesterday I was able to squeeze a little in and holy heck, I found a wonderful, wonderful place.

A lot of you have probably already been to Nostalgia, but for some reason I've never been able to find it because my GPS refused to cooperate. But I finally did and it was wonderful.

Nostalgia has two locations, but I visited the one in the Bearden area, down from the Orangery and Naples.


It looks kind of small from the front, squished in between two other business (I wish I had taken more pictures!) but inside it was HUGE.

As soon as you walk in, you can tell you've hit the hipster jackpot.

It's definitely an antique store, but it's antiques that you actually need/want. And by that I mean you're not going to find random pieces of antique tractors or weird spoon collections from various states.

Immediately I needed every single thing I laid my eyes on.

I weaved in and out of the booths, which while smaller than most antique stores were decorated and themed beautifully, and were full of stuff in great condition. I didn't find anything that was almost falling apart, and all of the stuff looked like it belonged in my living room.

There were a ton of clothes and hats, and plenty of furniture items, but also the usual records, knick knacks, and neat little finds.

While the prices were definitely higher than the Clinton area, they were pretty average if not below for the West Knoxville area. Plus, a lot of the booths had sales and the staff gave some awesome discounts for the larger items.

Overall I found a bunch of stuff I'll be going back for and this which I fell head over heels for:




It's the perfect suitcase for the welcoming table. I loved the real travel stickers and the bright colors, and I loved what great shape it was in. 

I can't wait to check out their other location, and I am dragging Eric back to this one for sure. 
Oh, and did I mention they let their cats roam around the place? IT WAS DELIGHTFUL. 

I'm heading back for a sombrero and possibly these suitcases for my bridesmaids, but I'm still on the fence...

If you want to check out more about them, you can click here


Emma Rose is killing it down in Florida. She's had a few weekends of amazing finds! 










I'm hoping to get started on the Save the Dates soon, so that'll be updated here hopefully in the next few weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment